Today I was reading a blog called "Weight Loss Articles," and an entry called "Exercise Resistance! - The Secret Barriers that Prevent Weight Loss." That article brought up some great points about starting any exercise program. Many people have mental blocks against participating in a regular active program, or in beginning to monitor their eating. They have had past failed experiences, and are discouraged. They look at people around them who don't seem to have to work to look fit. The article suggests that the key is to look at your own motivations, where your desires come from, and how these barriers are not real.
I think this article is right. I know that I personally have felt frustrated by past failures. I have a hard time being motivated because the widespread goals of being super thin don't appeal to me. I have had to recognize that my motivation comes from wanting to be healthy. I want to be fit and not do any unnecessary damage to my body by carrying around extra weight. I have followed those steps for myself, and they work. Everyone has to figure out why their fitness matters to them, and forget about how they are supposed to be motivated. Fitness is about living better and longer, not about other people, unless those people are the ones you don't want to leave behind prematurely.
How Much Protein Should You Eat Per Day?
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment